If you've just bought a car, or if you've recently moved, you'll need to get your car registered. Fortunately, OnlineCarRegistration.org is here to make it easy for you. Our staff has researched the car registration process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
New Vehicle Registration in Pennsylvania
How to get a new vehicle registration in Pennsylvania
It is a requirement in Pennsylvania to register your vehicles. Whether your car is used or new or purchased from a private owner or dealership you will need to register your vehicle. If you registered your car in another state it will not be valid you must register it in Pennsylvania. Your first vehicle registration must be done in person after that your yearly renewals can be done in person, online or by mail.
Registering for the first time:
- When registering you must show proof of insurance.
- Gather all the necessary papers. If you purchased your vehicle from a dealer then the dealer will have sent the necessary paperwork to the Pennsylvania department of transport. If not,you will need to gather these papers:
- The title.
- Have the MV-1 form completed.
- If you are registering a used vehicle you must complete the MV-4ST form.
- If you wish to have personalized plates complete the MV-904 form.
- If you are registering an out of state vehicle you will also need a VIN inspection certificate.
- Visit your service center with all the paperwork completed.
- If you just registered your vehicle you must have a safety inspection within ten days of the registration date.
- There is a fee of $36.