If you've just bought a car, or if you've recently moved, you'll need to get your car registered. Fortunately, OnlineCarRegistration.org is here to make it easy for you. Our staff has researched the car registration process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
New Vehicle Registration in West Virginia
How to get a new vehicle registration in West Virginia
It's a requirement by the state of West Virginia to register your vehicle, whether your car is new or used with the DMV. It's illegal to drive on the road without having your vehicle registered. If your car is registered in another state it is not valid you still must register in your current state. When you register for the first time it can only be done in person, however after that your yearly renewals may be done by mail,or in person.
Registering for the first time:
- You will have to provide proof of your car insurance.
- Be prepared to have the following paperwork with you: A bill of sale, and the vehicle title.
- Take all of the necessary paperwork with you to your local DMV office.
- A valid inspection sticker.
- You will also need to pay a registration fee. The general registration fee in West Virginia is $30. The $30 registration fee only covers the registration card and your license plate, so if this is your first time registering your vehicle you will also be charged a $10 titling fee and a 5% privilege tax fee.