You need up-to-date registration in your state to legally operate your vehicle, so each year you'll need to renew it prior to its expiration date. If your expiration date is right around the corner, you've come to the right place. We'll walk you through the process of getting your car registration renewed as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
Renew your vehicle registration in Kentucky
How to renew your vehicle registration in Kentucky
The state will send you notification through the mail when your vehicle registration will expire in Kentucky. You have the option to renew before the expiration date through the mail, online, or in person.
Renewing by mail:
- Click here to complete the registration renewal form then send it along with the current registration card, proof of insurance and the fee to the local County Clerk's Office.
- Visit the Kentucky transportation cabinet online services website.
- Have your credit/debit card handy to pay for the renewal. You will also need your license plate number and title number.
- There is a fee of $5 for online renewals.
- Online registration renewals can only be requested for vehicles meeting the specified criteria.
Renewing in person:
- Find the local County clerk's office in your area.
- Bring the registration renewal form, the current registration, insurance proof along with cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.