You need up-to-date registration in your state to legally operate your vehicle, so each year you'll need to renew it prior to its expiration date. If your expiration date is right around the corner, you've come to the right place. We'll walk you through the process of getting your car registration renewed as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
Renew your vehicle registration in Massachusetts
How to renew your vehicle registration in Massachusetts
You will get a notification in the mail letting you know when your registration is expiring. You have the option to renew your vehicle registrations in Massachusetts prior to the expiration date by phone, mail, or in person.
Renewing by phone:
- Have your credit card and renewal form ready.
- Call (617) 351-4500.Follow the instructions to complete the registration renewal.
Renewing by mailClick here to complete the form also include the payment and mail it to:
Attn: Mail In Registration
Registry of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 55891
Boston, MA 02205-5891
- You can renew your vehicle registration in Massachusetts using the internet if you are registering a vehicle or a commercial vehicle owned by an individual and your renewal card is marked "Ins. Stamp Not Needed Active Policy on File".
- Vlick here to visit the registry of motor vehicles website.
- Have the credit card you want to use ready. A valid email address is also required to complete the process.
- There is no additional fee to renew online.
Renewing in person:
- Visit the RMV office in your area.
- Bring the renewal form filled out and your form of payment cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.
- Make sure your insurance agent has signed and stamped the renewal form if it is marked as ?Ins. Stamp required'.