You need up-to-date registration in your state to legally operate your vehicle, so each year you'll need to renew it prior to its expiration date. If your expiration date is right around the corner, you've come to the right place. We'll walk you through the process of getting your car registration renewed as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."
Renew your vehicle registration in Washington
How to renew your vehicle registration in Washington
You will get a notice in the mail letting you know when your registration expires in Washington. You have the option to renew prior to the expiration date through the mail, using the DOL's online service, or in person.
Renewing by mail:
Wait for the renewal notice to come in, and it will have the address and instructions for you to follow.
- Go to the website to obtain an application.
- You must have a visa or master card credit card to pay for the renewal fee.
- Make sure to include any changes in your address (if any) so your new registration will be mailed to the proper place.
Renewing in person:
- Go to your local DOL office.
- Make sure to bring your driver's license, insurance, and the renewal fees.