Alabama Replace Registration |

Replace Registration

You need an up-to-date registration card in order to drive your vehicle, so if your registration has been lost or stolen, you have no choice but to replace it. In that case, you've come to the right place. We'll walk you through the process of getting your car registration replaced as quickly and painlessly as possible. Just select your state and click "Get Started."

The Car Registration Easy Guide™ is an independent value-add to official DMV services, which may be available for free or at an additional charge.
To download a guide specific to your needs, simply select a service and state above or find an official DMV site or local office.

Replace your lost registration in Alabama

How to replace your lost registration in Alabama

If you lost your vehicle's registration card, license plate or stickers or it was stolen, or damaged, you will apply for a replacement with the Alabama MVD.

Applying for a replacement:

  • Go to your local county's Motor Vehicle Title and Tag Office.
  • If your current registration card has been damaged make sure to attach the damaged card to the application.
  • If your registration card got stolen make a police report and take a copy of it to the office.

To replace your registration card visit your local title and tag office. There is no fee for replacing your registration card.